Job Title: HR Manager
Program: Capability Building Project
Subject: Human Resources
The Human Resource Manager will work to provide an efficient, effective and innovative HR service, closely aligned with the college improvement plan (CIP). The role will involve the development of a comprehensive talent acquisition and management strategy to achieve the college’s T&L and performance objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Develop a talent acquisition and management strategy for all departments within the college
- To develop a human resources department within the college
- To author policies and procedures related to performance management, including those related to employee appraisal, sickness, grievance and CPD
- Provides advice to managers in addressing performance and disciplinary matters
- Drafts advertisements and role descriptions
- Is knowledgeable about research-based professional development models, powerful professional development designs, and multiple forms of coaching.
- Maintains clear lines of communication with all staff
- Undertakes conflict resolution when interpersonal relationships break down
- Responsible for staff records (personal contact data, training, annual leave/ sickness leave/ other absences).
- Responsible for personnel files for all staff at the college
- Accepts other duties as assigned by the Provider Head.
Undergraduate degree in Human Resources
CIPD or similar qualification
Skills and Experience:
Extensive HR background within an educational setting, ideally in the FE sector
Possess a strong team work ethic, excellent communication skills and the confidence to influence and negotiate at all levels of the organisation.
Superior interpersonal skills
Excellent negotiation skills
Must be able to read and write an acceptable level of English.
Arabic speakers are highly sought after.