Job Title: Finance Manager Coach
Program: Capability Building Project
The Finance Manager coach will focus on the development of the finance function and how it impacts the operation of the college, both in resource allocation and the development of a standalone finance operation.
The Finance Manager coach will also assist the Provider Head and other provider staff in the execution of the College Improvement Plan in line with the program targets and budget.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Possess a formally recognised accounting qualification, and experience of managing and leading a finance team.
- To introduce and develop a formal annual budget process, which seeks to identify resource allocations for the financial year and monitors the progress against budget during the course of the year.
- Is recognized by peers as a trainer.
- Is knowledgeable about the selection, implementation and operation of financial systems, and about the training of staff in the operation of such systems.
- Guides and facilitates the application of training which supports/targets
- Identification and training of departmental heads and other senior staff members who will be budget holders, and provide them with sufficient finance training to allow them to discharge their budget responsibilities.
- Develop senior finance staff to provide them with the capability to develop and mentor their own team.
- Contribute towards the development of strategic decision making processes, and the identification and compilation of financial information as part of a formal Strategic Plan.
- Assists in the development of management information processes.
- Develops senior finance staff into a department who support decision making and planning processes across the institution.
- Supports the identification and implementation of service standards for the finance department, and the interactions with other departments and with external customers.
- Provides advice and guidance in the development of formal procedures and processes for all finance systems operated within the College.
- Accepts other duties as assigned by the Provider Head.
Undergraduate degree from an accredited institution or a level 4 qualification
Possess a formally recognised accounting qualification (e.g. ACCA, ICAEW etc)
Must be able to read and write an acceptable level of English.
Must be able to present technical information in a non-technical manner.
- Leading a team
- Implementing a departmental level annual forecasting process and management reporting
Arabic speakers are highly sought after.